The Foundation for the Promotion of Health and Biomedical Research of Valencia Region, FISABIO, is a nonprofit scientific and healthcare entitiy, whose primary purpose is to encourage, to promote and to develop scientific and technical health and biomedical research in Valencia Region.
FISABIO integrates and manages the Health Research Map of the Centre for Public Health Research, Dr. Peset University Hospital Foundation, Alicante University General Hospital Foundation, Elche University General Hospital Foundation, and the Mediterranean Ophthalmological Foundation. In addition, FISABIO assumes the scientific activity of other 18 Health Departments.
FISABIO provides service to more than 1,500 healthcare professionals within the Valencia network, who are specialists working in research projects and clinical trials managed by the Foundation.
From July 2013, Fisabio also provides Ophthalmological Assistance, a service which, up till now, was being carried out by the Ophthalmology Mediterranean Foundation (FOM).
Among FISABIO main he objectives:
- To facilitate, promote, develop and execute research according to existing research plans in the Valencia Department of Health.
- To act as scientific and technical research and innovation driving agent, providing the necessary basis to promote interaction between research teams located in Universities, Hospitals, the Scientific Research Council and other similar institutions.
- To facilitate and promote the training of professionals and researchers within the Health field.
- To perform and promote all type of studies that generate knowledge in the field of health care and health in general.
- To Cooperate and develop healthcare activities.