The "Human Resource Strategy for Researchers - HRS4R" prepared by the European Commission, is designed as a tool for the implementation of the recommendations regarding the rights and responsibilities of researchers and their employers and/or funders, listed in the "European Charter for Researchers" and in the "Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers" (C&C).
In order to advance in the implementation of C&C and using as a framework the HRS4R, a process was carried out to analyse the degree of compliance with each of the 40 principles set out by the C&C and OTM-R policy, in order to detect deficiencies and areas for improvement to be implemented in the coming years, which have been transferred to FISABIO Human Resource Action Plan for Researchers. This process is aimed at making the Institution more attractive to researchers, creating the most favourable conditions to develop their research careers.In January 2018 FISABIO sent the endorsement letter .
The complete procedure contains the following 3 phases:
1. Endorsement of the C&C. (institution)
2. Application for the HR Award (Gap Analysis, OTM-R Check list, Initial Action Plan Design). (institution)
3. Initial Assessment. (European Commision)
1. Implementation of the Action Plan. (institution)
2. Interim Assessment. (European Commision/External Experts)
3. Implementation of the Revised Action Plan. (institution)
AWARD RENEWAL PHASE.
1. Renewal with site visit. (European Commision/External Experts)
2. Implementation of the Improved Action Plan. (institution)
3. Renewal without site visit. (European Commision/External Experts)
4. Implementation of the Further Improved Action Plan. (institution)
5. Renewal with site visit. (European Commision/External Experts)
The Gap Analysis and the Action Plan can be downloaded from the links below: